Expert Entertaining Tips for Hosting a Festive Fiesta Party
¡Viva Fiesta! From April 19 to April 30, San Antonio will celebrate its history and culture with unique events, parades, food and drinks. This year is extra special because we’re also celebrating our city’s tricentennial. If you haven’t experienced Fiesta, this year is the perfect year to attend a parade, eat chicken on a stick or have your own fiesta at home! Today, we’re sharing our expert entertaining tips for hosting a memorable Fiesta party.
A Little History about Fiesta
In 1891, there was a parade (called Battle of Flowers) held to commemorate and honor the heroes of the Alamo and the Battle of San Jacinto. Fast-forward to 2018 and this one-parade event has flourished into one of the city’s signature celebrations that is recognized worldwide. In addition to the Battle of Flowers parade, there’s street dancing, live music, children’s festivals, balls, coronations and a big carnival. In fact, we’re hosting a Crawfish Boil on April 29th! The Fiesta San Antonio Commission calls it the “party with a purpose” because the funds raised by the official events contribute to providing services to the city. From long-time traditions to new additions, there is something for everyone at Fiesta.
Ultimate Fiesta Supply List:
The key to throwing the ultimate party is decorating with bright colors, playing upbeat music and making sure that everyone has something to eat and drink. If you want, you can turn it into a potluck and have everyone bring a dish.
- Cascarones – emptied egg shells that usually contain confetti in them
- Papel picado – paper flag banners are traditionally a part of Fiesta
- Colorful streamers, paper chains or paper flowers
- Snacks like chips and salsa or vegetable dip platter
- Finger foods, taco bar or possibly barbacoa
- Big Red
- Sweet treats
- Flower crowns
- A pitcher of your favorite drink with Enchanted Rock Vodka like Country Lemonade, Fredericksburg Peach Sangria, or Rock Poolside
- Additional themed decorations for the table and/or photo booth
- Fiesta-inspired music playlist with artists including San Antonio favorites like Selena and Bobby Pulido
If our entertaining tips inspire you, snap a picture and share it with us on our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter – we might feature you in our next post! However you decide to Fiesta, please remember to be responsible.
What are you doing this weekend in San Antonio?
Wet your whistle at Rebecca Creek Distillery. Discover the distillation process and the 1,000-gallon Christian Carl copper pot we use to make our crafted spirits. Every tour comes with a sampling in our tasting room, and after the tour, you can sit back and enjoy refreshing cocktails made with Rebecca Creek Whiskey, Texas Ranger Whiskey or Enchanted Rock Vodkas. Don’t forget to mark your calendars for our Rebecca Creek Crawfish Boil on April 29th!