Ingenious Valentine’s Day Whiskey Recipes
Valentine’s Day is around the corner, so we have been perusing Pinterest to find a few creative ways to infuse whiskey while entertaining your honey at home. These recipes are easy on your wallet, but pack a punch to your pallet.
Make It Hot
Whiskey Sriracha Candy
Photo courtesy of olivesfordinner.com
1 cup sugar 1/4 cup water 1/8 cup corn syrup 1 tablespoon sriracha 1 tablespoon Rebecca Creek Whiskey 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional - it will give the candies a glassier appearance) cooking spray, for the mold
- Grease a silicone heart mold with a little bit of cooking spray or coconut oil. Wipe out any extra oil with a paper towel.
- Combine the sugar, water and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Stir with a silicone spatula to combine, then heat over medium high heat.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan and insert the thermometer into the mixture, making sure it doesn't touch the bottom of the pan.
- Watch carefully until it registers at 300 degrees. Remove it from the heat immediately.
- Mix the Sriracha,Rebecca Creek Whiskey and cream of tartar (optional) together in a small bowl. Then pour into the heated mixture with a silicon spatula slowly—it will steam and bubble immediately. Once it stops, pour the mixture into a glass measuring cup, then slowly pour the mixture into the compartments, filling them 3/4 full. You have to work very quickly during this step, as the mixture starts to gum up really fast.
- Allow the candies to fully harden before removing from the mold. Dust with a little powdered sugar on top if you want. Store in an airtight container.
- To get the stuck-on reside out of your pot and measuring cup, just soak them in hot water for 10-15 minutes, then wash as usual.
Cherry Whiskey Smash
Photo courtesy of tastebook.com
1 ounce Rebecca Creek Whiskey 1 ounce cherry juice 1/2 ounce amaretto 1/2 ounce ginger brandy 2 ounces cherry cola 5 maraschino cherries
- Add cherries to the bottom of the glass and muddle until smashed. Add ice.
- In a cocktail shaker add Rebecca Creek Whiskey, cherry juice, amaretto and brandy, shaking for 15 seconds – to combine.
- Pour over ice, then top off with cherry cola and stir. Serve with additional cherries if desired.